Critical for Sustainable Success
Coaching is an integral part of every programme we run. Whether we are informally supporting your delegates before and after courses, acting as an Executive Coach or training your teams in coaching skills, we view coaching as the critical piece of the learning jigsaw that gives you sustainable success.
Helping leaders to perform
Regular coaching sessions can have a transformational impact on the quality of performance at work and the confidence of the individual we are working with. Designed for leaders or talented individuals who aspire to be leaders, individuals will:
- Gain new insights which will also help them to develop your organisation and take it to the next level
- Find new ways of developing their skills and abilities
- Get clear about the actions they want to take and see better results.
Is it for me?
We typically work with senior leaders in global companies, or talented individuals identified as future leaders. We generally work with people more than once during their career – usually when they move to a new role or face new leadership challenges.
What can I expect?
All of our coaching is uniquely tailored to the needs of the individual and the organisation, with the common thread being the following of four distinct stages of Engagement (Building Trust); Discovery (context; the story; data and feedback); Development (building skills, confidence, wisdom) and Review (learning, growth and development).
Leader As Coach
As well as providing you with an external coach, we regularly help our clients develop the coaching skills of their managers, leaders and L&D teams. This embeds a culture of coaching at every level of the organisation, helping people to be the best they can be.
Developed in 2012 to offer our clients a strengths based performance coaching model, CLEAR has proved a versatile and flexible guideline for leaders when coaching. The benefits of the model are:
It is grounded in science taking the best from executive coaching and positive psychology;
Guided by a framework of ten best practice coaching behaviours, it is excellent for the new and experienced coach;
It encourages people to think in a solutions oriented way and to ask insightful and forward moving questions to achieve positive change (rather than encouraging explanations or focusing on causes
It specifically allows for expanding know-how from other people in the organisation and even from the coach – in addition to the usual questioning methods
There is a positive intention towards praise and small actions – much more effective in tough real situations than attempts to do everything at once
It specifically has the coach and coachee engaging in looking for ‘what’s better’ – picking up on signs of useful change and amplifying them for the next steps.
- Contract & Connect
- Listen & Learn
- Explore & Expand
- Affirm & Act
- Review & Reflect
The benefits of this kind of coaching in practice are:
- A flexible, yet progressive framework leads to best practice coaching
- Positive and progress focus leads to good motivation for the coachee
- Positive questions lead to excellent relationship between coach and coachee
- Incisive focus on what works leads to rapid and sustainable results
- Focus on know-how of what works encourages shared wisdom throughout the organisation.
We run two levels of programmes:
Level 1 – Positive Performance Coach™ is our accredited coach training programme for managers and leaders with limited coaching skills (0-2 years of experience). As well as covering effective coaching skills, PPC is designed to develop broader skills for the individual including self-awareness, confidence and credibility so they contribute and continue to develop within the business. Evidence based, highly practical and bespoke to your organisation, PPC is run over a 6 month period (although an intensive version is available). In brief, Positive Performance Coach covers the following:
- Module 1: Self Confidence (how you look, sound, behave; self-awareness; personal impact skills; strengths development; positive psychology);
- Module 2: Credibility (the essence of great coaching; SABAT™, a coaching process; role modelling)
- Module 3: Capability (putting the learning into practice; role plays; on the job supervision)
- Module 4: Creativity (broadening your coaching skills; team coaching; inspiring others; games and resources)
- Module 5: Conflict (working with difficult people and difficult situations; understanding how you may contribute to these situations; thinking patterns; getting the most out of people)
- Module 6: Continuous Improvement (final presentations; buddy teams set up; actions plans created and mentor programme in place).
Level 2 coach training is a series of master classes for experienced coaches and leaders (2+ years of experience) based on the latest learning’s from Coaching Psychology. As qualified positive psychologists, we lead the field in Strengths Based Coaching and our master classes on Resilience; Building positive emotions; Motivation and Goal Setting continue to prove popular.
Tell me more
Contact the Mindspring Team and we’ll tell you more about our consultancy and coaching programmes.